Sunday, December 14, 2008

Home Sweet Home, Juliette

It was finally real when we took Juliette home. Months of planning and waiting and wondering had finally came to an end (only to the beginning of new ones). Jonathan and i where all alone in bringing her home but that made it very special to us. We finally left the hospital around 5pm that night. We waited so late due to me and my hormones couldn't decide whether to leave or stay one more night, hahahaha. Also the day we left they had predicted snow. If your from the south you know the world comes to an end if it snows or even at the mention of snow. (it didn't snow) But we made it home in the five o'clock traffic "Welcome to Birmingham and HWY 280, Juliette. Jackson greeted us at the door with "HEY Mommy and Daddy" and to Nanna with out stretched arms.


Jackson's interaction with Juliette has been lets say short. He calls her "baby sister." When he saw her the first time he just said "baby" and then i asked him where Juliette was and he came over to me and pointed to my somewhat still big tummy. He has given her a couple of kisses. We have tried not to force her on him and let him take on that initiative. He is starting to show her toys. Yesterday it was Thomas the Train (by the way that was her "present" to him) and today he showed Woody and woody gave Juliette kisses. So he is coming around. I am just glad he has not rebelled.

We have been busy since getting home. But thanks to my mom she has cooked and cleaned for us. THANK YOU MOM!!!! I am also posting pics of Juliette's first bath which she did not like. She likes getting her hair washed but not the bath!!


I am sad for tomorrow my sweet husband goes back to work. I will miss him. If i haven't told everyone lately how much i love this man, let me say "I LOVE HIM". He is so good with both Jackson and Juliette. I just wish we where independently wealth so we could both stay home. I will miss you baby. I love you!!!

This c-section was a breeze compared to the last one. I was up and going pretty much the next day. I am still on pain meds. Sometimes i try to over do and i'll catch myself in a world of pain. So i am trying to get a lot of rest (easier said then done). I go tomorrow to the dr to get my staples removed maybe this will also help with the pain.

Well Juliette is starting to wake up so i must go for now. Again thanks to everyone for their prayers and well wishes!! A BIG THANK YOU TO MY WONDERFUL MOM!!!!!! I hope i can be as great of a mom as you.

1 comment:

Josh and Kari said...

She is absolutely beautiful. I can't wait to meet her. Thank you for sharing the great pictures!