Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Spring Soccer 2009 - We Did It!!!


Finally Jackson decided to play soccer with the others. Of course this was the last game of the season. But we are SOOOOO very proud of him. It was a process with a very steep learning curve. I think he enjoyed himself, once we figured out that we could not "force" him to play. So we would take him to the "games" and he would play on a field with just him and Jonathan but this past weekend he actually played with the others!!!! There was only one stipulation we/they had to play with his ball, hahahaha. He got a medal for his participation. Again we are proud of his effort. I enjoyed watching him, when he would do something "good" he would always look over to me, smile and give me a thumbs up. I would then yell for him with a lot of praise and recognition (I am sure the other parents thought i was crazy). A couple of times he ran over to me to give me a kiss and then back to playing. I love that little boy and think he loves his momma. He still is going to soccer class on Tuesday night, but this is to keep him active and to have an outlet for some energy.

GO JACKSON GO!!!!!!!




Oh i almost forgot. The previous weekend we got our first sports related BOBO. But it wasn't when he was playing with others. He was walking to the game and fell. Then he made it worse when he fell when he was playing with Jonathan. He wanted to keep it covered so noone could see it, so he held his shorts over it! POOR BABY!!!



No comments: