Monday, February 8, 2010

"Make me a HEART"

To start Heart Week off. I thought I would share a story/symbol of love. Jackson is constantly striving for Jonathan and I praise, which i hope we give. Lately little Mr. Jackson has been getting in trouble at school (lord be with us.) He can't seem to sit still or keep quiet. So we have started giving him a quarter in the mornings and if he is good during the day he gets to keep his quarter and put it in his reward container. After he has earned 10 quarters he gets to go to the store and get something (he will decide within reason). Well we have been working on getting the 10 quarters for 2 weeks now and we have only gotten 6 (so out of the 10 school days he has keep his quarter 6 times, 60% take rate, LOL). Well the other day he finally got a quarter after a couple of bad days and so I was praising him and he looks at me and said "Mommy make me a HEART." This is our special way of showing my love for him and he shows back to me, I do this a lot but at that time he said it something clicked in my head. The click was, this simple gesture means the world to him and it shows him that i love him and am proud of him. The shape of the heart is made by putting your thumb and index finger together in a curve form. I try to tell him I love him no mater if he is good or bad. If i haven't said this enough I LOVE MY BABIES.

Here is a picture of him doing it back to me. Sorry for the poor quality, the picture is my cell phone.


At the end of each day I say a silent prayer as I walk into daycare that Jackson will have earned his quarter. I never thought I would ever pray to GOD for a quarter, LOL, but I'll take what I can get!

1 comment:

BlessedMom said...

Wow, this made me cry! It's amazing how much love these kids can make you feel. How incredibly blessed are we!!!